If you accidentally run over a cat with your vehicle, it is important to take the following steps:
- Pull over and stop your vehicle.
- Check on the cat. If the cat is injured, it is essential to contact the nearest veterinarian as soon as possible to provide medical attention.
- Remember that you will not have to pay the vet if you take in an injured or killed pet.
- If the cat is injured, try to keep it calm and in one place until help arrives, but do not try to handle the animal if it is in pain or aggressive.
- If the cat is deceased, it is important to contact the local authorities, such as the police or animal control, and report the incident.
- Remain at the scene and provide your contact information to any witnesses.
Unfortunately, Ollie didn’t make it because the car didn’t stop and ignored the incident.
A cat definitively can survive after being run over by a car
Only 25% of cats hit in a road traffic accident are killed, so there’s a strong possibility the cat will be well after visiting a vet and receiving care.
Failure to stop might result in the cat suffering for longer and possibly never reaching its owner.
The chance of a cat surviving being hit by a car can vary greatly depending on the severity of the injuries and the availability of medical treatment.
The prognosis is not good for cats hit by cars, as the injuries can be severe and often fatal.
Factors such as the speed of the car, the weight of the car, and the point of impact can all impact the chances of survival.
It is important to seek immediate veterinary care if a cat has been hit by a car, as prompt treatment can greatly increase the chances of survival.
It’s important to remember that running over an animal can be traumatic for the animal, yourself, and any witnesses.
If you are feeling upset or distressed, it is a good idea to seek help and talk to a professional.
Don’t miss our latest cats advice
Follow us on your favorite social media networks and get updates about new posts and products for your adorable cat!
You can find us on our Instagram account (Juguetes inteligentes para gatos Instagram) and Facebook page (Juguetes inteligentes para gatos Facebook).